Ararat Town Hall, 193 Barkly Street, Ararat. Ararat lies at an important junction of several highways about 200 kilometres north west of Melbourne.Map
The Town Hall foyer and box office opens 30 minutes before events.
The box office can be called directly on 5355 0900, 10am-4pm Tuesday – Friday.
In person enquiries can be made at customer service at Ararat Gallery TAMA, 82 Vincent St, Ararat, 10am-4pm Monday to Sunday.
To secure tickets conveniently, we recommend you book online. Simply browse our website performances or community events. Credit card bookings can also be made by phone on (03) 5355 0900.
The Box Office opens 30 minutes prior to show times. Ararat Town Hall supports the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice. Ararat Town Hall is the only supplier of authorised tickets to its program and advises consumers to be aware of risks in buying tickets from the ticket resale market, which may not be honoured by the venue.
Youth / Concessions
Pensioners, seniors card holders and students all qualify for reduced ticket prices. Concession Card holders may be required to present their concession cards when making a booking, or on entry to the event.
Ararat lies at an important junction of several highways about 198 kilometres north west of Melbourne. Due to the Western Highway Duplication Project between Beaufort and Ararat travellers may experience delays.
Parking is available in front of the Ararat Town Hall on Barkly St, as well at the rear of and adjacent to the centre.
Trains run directly to Ararat from Southern Cross Station daily with coach connections to Halls Gap, Hamilton, Warrnambool and Horsham. Ararat Town Hall is located 550 meters from Ararat Railway Station, an approximate 7-minute walk. The bus stop 36907 in front of the Town Hall on Barkly St is not currently operating, but please check for updates with Public Transport Victoria.
Cycling and walking
Ararat Town Hall is a short ride or walk from Ararat Train Station. Bicycle lanes operate along Barkly Street – there is currently no bicycle valet at the Town Hall.
- Accessible parking is available immediately in front of the Ararat Town Hall.
- Ramp access (some assistance may be needed) through main doors into the carpeted foyer area
- Accessible toilet located on the ground floor, near entrance (including baby change facilities)
- Wheelchair access to all areas of the theatre, flat level surface. Please speak to our staff about your requirements when you make your booking.
- Wheelchair access to all areas at rear of the theatre and green room for performers, flat level surface
- Commercial accessible lift between ground and first floor of the building
- A hearing loop operates throughout the main auditorium in the retractable seating and balcony. Please note, when seating is retracted, the loop is only accessible in the balcony – please feel free to check loop access with staff when booking
- Wheelchair seating in the main auditorium
- Companion Card affiliation
- Assistance dogs are welcome
Eat & Drink
The Ararat Town Hall bar is open on select shows, and offers a range of local beer, wines and beverages. The complex also has a café in the west wing of the Town Hall, which is open during the day and serves a range of hot and cold drinks, desserts and lunches.