We have worked hard to ensure our venue is safe & compliant for you to enjoy all the upcoming performances.
Note: Information on this page is current as at 1 June 2022. It is subject to change at any time, for any reason.
Proof of Vaccination and QR check in is no longer a requirement at the Ararat Town Hall, however we are still a CovidSafe Venue:
To ensure a safe and comfortable environment for everyone, we’ve made some changes to the way we operate. This includes the introduction of a number of measures:
- Patrons are not required to wear a mask. Patrons may wear a mask if they choose or are a close contact of person with COVID.
- QR code check-in is no longer required.
- Regular cleaning of high-traffic and high-touch areas with appropriate disinfectant.
- Hand sanitiser stations in all paths of travel, frequently accessed areas and near bathroom facilities.
We are following all Victorian Government health guidelines and will continue to update our procedures as necessary.
Seeing a show?
We’ve made a number of changes to our booking process and seating plans to help keep you safe:
- Ararat Town Hall is currently operating at full capacity.
- Our seating map is designed in line with the current Government regulations, but there will not be a gap or seat between you and others. Seating allocations may change at anytime and we do not guarantee the seat you purchased is the seat you will be sitting in.
- Venue foyers and doors will open earlier than normal, and some shows will have modified intervals.
- Refreshments will be available for purchase from our bars. All drinks can be taken into the auditorium for all performances.
When to stay home.
For the safety and wellbeing of everyone, you must not visit the Ararat Town Hall if:
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 (via a RAT or PCR test) in the last 7 days or are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test.
- We ask that if you feel unwell, or are showing symptoms of COVID-19, that you take a RAT test prior to your visit to ensure you are negative when attending the venue.
- If you are considered a close household contact of a COVID-19 positive person, we ask that you assess your visit to the Ararat Town Hall, however in line with Government guidelines, you are permitted to attend, but you must wear a mask at all times.
- If you are positive for COVID-19 (via RAT or PCR), or a close household contact at the time of your performance, a refund or exchange is available to you. This should be done at least 1 hour prior to the performance time if possible.
- A statutory declaration or proof of positive may be required (in any circumstance) to be provided to the venue prior to a refund being issued.
Please note that refunds or exchanges are not available to those who have symptoms who have not tested positive.
Further details relating to refunds or exchanges is available in the Ticketing Terms and Conditions
Masks are not required.
Patrons are not required to wear a mask, but you can if you wish.
Note: mask rules are subject to change should the public health rules change at anytime.
Get together, but keep apart.
There are no longer density limits or capacity restrictions in place, but we encourage you to keep distanced where possible in foyers if you can.
You must always take your allocated seat.
Practise good hygiene by washing your hands regularly with soap, using hand sanitiser, covering sneezes and coughs and disposing of tissues promptly.
Hand sanitiser is available in many locations throughout the venue, and soap is available in all bathrooms.
Pay with card.
Contactless payment methods are strongly encouraged, as it keeps service moving quickly.
Cash is still accepted at the Box Office, Bar and some merchandise stands.