To ensure a safe and comfortable environment for everyone, we’ve made some changes to the way we operate to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. This includes the introduction of a number of measures:
- Patrons aged 12 and over attending performances are recommended but not required to wear a face mask at all times while inside our foyers and theatres, including during the performance.
- QR code check-in – all patrons and their guests must check-in upon entry.
- Regular cleaning of high-traffic and high-touch areas with hospital-grade disinfectant.
- Hand sanitiser stations in all paths of travel, frequently accessed areas and near bathroom facilities.
- Floor markings and safe queues when accessing the box office, bar or toilets.
- We are closely following all Victorian Government health guidelines and will continue to update our procedures as necessary.
Ararat Town Hall has also implemented its obligations under State Government directives relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, including:
- QR code check-in – all patrons and their guests must check-in upon entry (assistance is available for those who may not have access to adequate resources to complete check-in via the QR code)
- Vaccination requirements – it is a requirement that any patron or guest must provide evidence that they are either:
- Fully vaccinated, or;
- Are an excepted person (holds a written medical exemption)
- Please note: vaccination requirements do not apply to any persons under 18 years of age
Seeing a show?
We’ve made a number of changes to our booking process and seating plans to help keep you safe:
- Ararat Town Hall is currently operating at full capacity (100%), however, our allocated ticketing system will still automatically space patron groups apart to encourage distancing.
- Our seating allocations align with the current Government regulations, but we do not guarantee there will be a gap or seat between you and others. Seating allocations may change at anytime and we do not guarantee the seat you purchased is the seat you will be sitting in.
- We encourage you to purchase your tickets in advance online or via the phone.
- Venue foyers and doors will open earlier than normal, and some shows will have modified intervals.
- Refreshments will be available for purchase from our theatre bars, and should be consumed while seated in the auditorium. All drinks can be taken into the theatre for all performances. You can briefly lower your mask to eat and drink, but please wear it at all other times.
- Where possible, please refrain from booking tickets for other people where possible. Encourage them to book themselves and their own group.
When to stay home.
For the safety and wellbeing of everyone, you must not visit the Ararat Town Hall if:
- You feel unwell or if you are displaying any of the COVID-19 symptoms as identified by the Victorian Department of Health.
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days or are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test.
- You are required to self-isolate or you have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 as directed by the Department of Health.
- If one of the above applies to you, contact us for a full refund of your tickets. This should be done at least 1 hour prior to the performance time if possible. Further details relating to refunds or exchanges is available in the Covid-19 Ticketing Terms and Conditions (available for download at the bottom of this page)
Masks are recommended, but not required.
- Patrons aged 12 and over attending the venue are recommended, but not required to wear a face mask while inside our foyer and theatre, including during the performance.
- Some members of the community may have issues with wearing masks due to health conditions. We ask that you be respectful to others as reasons for not wearing a mask are not always obvious. (Mask rules are subject to change under public health rules, and will be communicated at the entry points).
Get together, but keep apart.
- As you move around the venue, practise physical distancing (1.5 metres whenever possible) and follow the guidance provided by our staff and signage.
- You must take your allocated seat.
Follow the signs, and sign-ins.
- Follow the entry and exit points, check in procedures, and physically distance in all queues.
- On arrival at the venue, you and your guests will be required to sign-in with a QR code. If you are unable to sign in with the QR code, you must queue to sign in.
- If you refuse to sign in you will be required to leave the venue, without refund or recourse.
- Practise good hygiene by washing your hands regularly with soap, using hand sanitiser, covering sneezes and coughs and disposing of tissues promptly.
- Hand sanitiser is available in many locations throughout the venue, and soap is available in all bathrooms.
Pay with card.
- Contactless payment methods are strongly encouraged, as it keeps service moving quickly.