The Ararat Performing Arts Centre has numerous areas available for hire for your next function, whether it be a theatre production, wedding, meeting, conference, party, dinner. Talk to us about your hiring requirements.
Venue enquiries including inspection of hire spaces can be made by appointment – Contact Us here.
Tuesday through to Friday from 10:00am – 4:00pm
Closed public holidays
This room can be utilised as a large space for such events as concerts, theatre productions, cabaret, formal balls and expositions.
Due to flexibility of auditorium lay outs, a vast array of set up options are available, making it possible to configure it in such a way as to reduce the size utilised, thus providing a cosy and comfortable setting.
For shows such as concerts or seminars, we can comfortably seat up to 600 people. For theatre productions, which are usually performed on the floor in front of the retractable seating, usual arrangements allow for 243 people, but increased numbers can be accommodated if the performance takes place on our modular stage (although this can restrict movement of actors, scenery and piano use).
Two large dressing rooms and a spacious green room are available.
An area which is adjacent to, and smaller in size, than the auditorium. The Supper Room can be used as a dining room, meeting room, training room, auction room, and also as an extension of the auditorium when extra space is required.
This area is often used for smaller meetings, auctions and receptions. The foyer houses a new bar, ticket box, cloaking area and lounge.
The kitchen is well equipped with:
- Combi Oven
- 4 burner stove
- Large coolroom
- Instant hot water unit
- Display fridges x 2
- Stainless steel bench tops
- Servery area to supper room
No permanent stage
Modular stage at a height of (usually) 0.8 metres can be erected, or performance can take place on floor level, depending on seating requirements and sight lines.
- Height: 0.8 metres
- Depth: 6.0 metres
- Width: 10 metres
Height & Width
- Floor to light grid: 7 metres
- Floor to FOH lighting bar: 6 metres
- Floor to underside of movable gantry (pros arch): 5.5 metres
- Width between gantry uprights: 12 metres
Curtains & Drapes
- Front draw curtains attached to movable gantry (Pros Arch)
- Back draw curtains
- Half tabs, borders and legs
- Electric scenery rollers x 3
- Selecon Zoom Spot 16-32degrees (1200 watts) 10 units
- Selecon SPX Zoom Spot 15-35 degrees (800 Watts) 10 units
- Strand Electric 743 Fresnels (1200 watts) 5 units
- Rank Strand 803 Fresnels (500 watt) 3 units
- Rank Strand 813 and 823 (500 watt) 4 units total
- RGB LED Par Cans (20 units)
- Zero 88 Bull Frog lighting desk 96 channels
- Control – operable from control booth or auditorium
- Selecon (2.5K) follow spot 1 Unit
- 129 point lighting grid
- 56 Dimmer rack
- Overhead projector
- 3 Phase
- 90 amp outlet at rear of auditorium
- 30 amp outlet at rear of auditorium
- 45 amp outlet at side entry, half way along auditorium
- 32 amp (x 2) Control Room (Bio Box)
- 240 volt 10 amp
- Numerous power points (GPO) are available throughout the building
Yamaha Mixing Console (MG32/14FX)- 24 Monaural input channels suitable to both microphones and line level devices; 4 line level stereo inputs; dual stereo outlets; 2 effect outputs; 4 auxillary outputs.
- Radio microphones x 4
- Shure SM58 line microphone x 1
- Beyer dynamic line microphone x 1
- Pro audio speakers x 2 – FOH
- Pro audio fold back wedges x 4 (2 are powered)
- DVD player
- Compact disc player
1952 Steinway M baby grand
Access to Stage
Loading Bay at rear of building (off High Street – Western Highway).
- 1 metre high x 4 meters wide